1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

Should I go to "this" interview?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by gujudentist, Feb 23, 2007.

1. gujudentist

gujudentist New Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Hey, I got into Pitt and NYU, and I am debating whether or not to go to my Bos U interview...any advice would be appreciated

2. KOM

KOM Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Should you go?

Magic 8 Ball says, "it is decidedly so"

rich123321 likes this.
  3. rals

rals Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    do you think you would go if you got in? weigh the pros and cons compared to the other schools and see what your gut says. if you feel like there's a decent chance you might choose BU then go for it. otherwise, I wouldn't bother.

4. OP
    OP
    gujudentist

gujudentist New Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    haha thanks KOM, but from what Ive heard Boston is pricey and the education at nyu and pitt is better. In my mind I dont want to go, but if the school is worth it, ill make sure to put in the effort.

5. Gsman

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    personally i didnt apply to BU so i dont care whether u go interview there or not. but if u really dont think u are gonna go there anways, it would be nice to offer the slot to other ppl still waiting for interviews.

i know u worked hard and u deserve the interview and all, but there are a lot of people waiting.

just what i would do if i were in ur situation.

6. pacbum

7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    i thought i'd like bu, but wasn't too fond of it when i was there compared to nyu (although really nice and welcoming faculty)

if it's not too far or expensive of a trip i'd go, you never know how a school is until you see it for yourself.

i almost didn't go to the nyu interview just because i heard so many bad things about it, but i was pleasantly surprised when i got there.

so if you're curious about boston, and it's not too expensive to get there, i'd go and check it out.

good luck

7. OP
    OP
    gujudentist

gujudentist New Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    hey thanks for the input...Im going to mull it over this weekend, i want to tell Bos U by monday so they can give my slot to someone else if i decide not to go in a few weeks...