Should I include a GUARANTEED future activity?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nabilesmail

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll be submitting my application sometime this weekend, however, I also have been assigned to teach two Princeton Review MCAT classes starting next week. I don't know if I should include this activity and talk about what I hope to learn or leave it out and just send it as an update.

I already have two teaching experiences working with children from disadvantaged neighborhoods, one of which is also in my PS.

However, I wanted to include the activity and talk about how I am looking forward to learning how to teach in a peer setting as this will be very applicable when presenting research, findings, or teaching other healthcare professionals when a physician in contrast to teaching at a lower level. I guess I'm comparing my two projects with kids as teaching and articulating material to patients, and teaching the MCAT as an opportunity to gain confidence teaching at a peer level.

What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

You could wait till you actually start then submit it with the activity in there if you think its worth noting? Either way you can put it in an update letter to any schools you're really interested in. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you talk about it in secondaries?

I can find a way to tie it in.... loosely haha.

Would it just be better to wait it out and talk about how I learned the skill rather than, I hope to learn the skill?
Perhaps through an update or secondary?

sooo the amcas just has the month there. put june 2013 as start, ur hours, and then how many u EXPECT to complete.... how I handled my scribe job.

How are you going to write about your contributions to an activity that you haven't began yet?

I'd say don't include it on your AMCAS. Mention it in your secondaries if you really want, but I wouldn't do that either. Quite honestly, this activity is probably not going to do too much for your application anyway...

Instead, write your schools update letters and include this activity once you get into it. At the very least, it will give you a very good excuse to write an update letter to schools you haven't heard from come November/December. And you'll also be able to write more/better material about it