should i interview at Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rajneel1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
help. i have an interview at tufts and am thinking about cancelling it. i heard it is very expensive to go there and that they don't give alot of grants,etc. this would be my like 9th interview and i am not sure whether i want to spend the time and money going over there. what do you guys think? anyone interviewed at tufts and really liked it? how is the financial aid situation there? help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey rajneel,

If granted an interview, I was thinking the same thing about Tufts. It seems that with the number of doubts you have about the program/financial aid/etc. shows that this is not one of your top choices and so perhaps the added cost of interview is not worth the investment. Remember that everyone's experience and thoughts about a school are subjective and so you really have to figure out whether you really want to go there or not. From what I've heard financial aid is pretty bad, so if money is a major issue (isn't it always) then there is something else that needs to go into the decision on whether or not to go there. You have already had an impressive number of interviews, so I would really go to ones that I was very interested in attending, rather then go merely because I was granted an interview. Good luck with everything, and I'm sure you'll make the right decision for you. Ciao.

you have attended 9 interviews...and you want my advice on whether you should go to tufts's interview. hmmmm. this looks like a pretty good question.
I'm not sure, what do you think??? what i do know, is that if i were in your shoes, i probably wouldn't have started this thread. why not? because it's not anything that anyone can help me on. listen bub, just attend the interview, and if accepted there and to a school with better $$ situation, go to the other one. actually come to think of it, that advice WAS pretty helpful.

As a former applicant and current med student at Tufts, I would advise you to attend the interview unless you have an acceptance at a school you would definitely rather attend (a top 25 acceptance or state school acceptance, IMHO, is good reason to cancel your Tufts interview). I was invited on 7 interviews and attended all 7, which turned out to be a good idea because my first acceptance was off the waitlist of the LAST school to interview me. You just never know how things might work. As for financial aid, most schools are pretty bad about offering scholarships and financial aid, you just have to take out loans. Tufts is no different from most other private schools (although it is a bit more expensive than many other private schools) in this regard. Another thing to consider is that the reputation and location of Tufts are superior to a good number of lower-ranked private schools, and we have Honors/Pass/Fail grading, which provides a relatively low-stress environment. I can't speak for others, but if I had cancelled my Tufts interview and ended up at, say, NYMC or MCP-Hahnemann instead (this is theoretical), I would have regretted it. Hope this helps; please feel free to ask if you have any questions about Tufts. I am an M'05 there (first year). good luck!