Should I Keep Sending Secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Camacho Mt. Dew

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I ended up applying to about 17 schools and have received secondary invites for all of them and all but three have been submitted. So far I have no rejections and three interview invites and am wondering if I should still send in the remaining three? It would be great to save some money since interviewing has proven to be expensive, but I also want to ensure an acceptance. The three school's I have/had interviews with are great and would love to go to them if accepted, so I'm considering waiting on their decision before submitting the rest of the secondaries. Is this a bad idea? Any input is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Keep sending those suckers in bud.

You haven't even interviewed yet so....... Safe bet to keep writing.

Reactions: 1 user
Keep sending those suckers in bud.

You haven't even interviewed yet so....... Safe bet to keep writing.

Do you think it would be bad to wait and see what they say? That would put me about 1.5 month submitting after being invited...

Members don't see this ad :)
If you feel like your interview skills are unmatched and you can sell yourself like a champ, then you can wait. But......

Then understand the risks you take
1) You will be behind in other schools if you do choose to send a secondary.
2) Increase in anxiety
3) Probably post more threads on SDN about this issue
4) No acceptance to the schools that gave you early IIs

The benefits:
1) Saves money
2) Saves time & energy
3) You might land an acceptance
4) You get to do things you enjoy

Reactions: 1 users
So I ended up applying to about 17 schools and have received secondary invites for all of them and all but three have been submitted. So far I have no rejections and three interview invites and am wondering if I should still send in the remaining three? It would be great to save some money since interviewing has proven to be expensive, but I also want to ensure an acceptance. The three school's I have/had interviews with are great and would love to go to them if accepted, so I'm considering waiting on their decision before submitting the rest of the secondaries. Is this a bad idea? Any input is appreciated!
I'd send until you get in somewhere. At that point I'd titrate secondaries accordingly

Keep sending them until you get an acceptance. Then you can pick and choose. If it's a program in your top 3 or 5 or whatever you better send that in. If it's a program you wouldn't go to even if accepted or offered an interview at compared to the program you currently got into, then you can just trash it and give somebody else a shot. :)

"titrate". Too much Biochem?
Lol. Any amount of biochem is too much biochem. Not gonna lie, I heard someone use it the other day in a non-medical context and I loved how it was used.

Now, if it is linguistically correct is up for debate haha.

Lol. Any amount of biochem is too much biochem. Not gonna lie, I heard someone use it the other day in a non-medical context and I loved how it was used.

Now, if it is linguistically correct is up for debate haha.

Yea no kidding.

You had titration lab in chemistry, not only biohem. (e.g. Finding the equivalent of a strong base + Strong acid (always pH 7).)

Yea but I'm taking a soul sucking biochem course right now so it fit better for me.