Camacho Mt. Dew

2+ Year Member
May 29, 2015
100
7
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
So I ended up applying to about 17 schools and have received secondary invites for all of them and all but three have been submitted. So far I have no rejections and three interview invites and am wondering if I should still send in the remaining three? It would be great to save some money since interviewing has proven to be expensive, but I also want to ensure an acceptance. The three school's I have/had interviews with are great and would love to go to them if accepted, so I'm considering waiting on their decision before submitting the rest of the secondaries. Is this a bad idea? Any input is appreciated!
 

Camacho Mt. Dew

2+ Year Member
May 29, 2015
100
7
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Keep sending those suckers in bud.

You haven't even interviewed yet so....... Safe bet to keep writing.
Do you think it would be bad to wait and see what they say? That would put me about 1.5 month submitting after being invited...
 
About the Ads

oOKawaiiOo

7+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2011
973
675
Public library computer
Status
Pre-Veterinary
If you feel like your interview skills are unmatched and you can sell yourself like a champ, then you can wait. But......

Then understand the risks you take
1) You will be behind in other schools if you do choose to send a secondary.
2) Increase in anxiety
3) Probably post more threads on SDN about this issue
4) No acceptance to the schools that gave you early IIs

The benefits:
1) Saves money
2) Saves time & energy
3) You might land an acceptance
4) You get to do things you enjoy
 

67552931811

Account on Hold
Account on Hold
5+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2013
1,565
1,851
Status
Resident [Any Field]
So I ended up applying to about 17 schools and have received secondary invites for all of them and all but three have been submitted. So far I have no rejections and three interview invites and am wondering if I should still send in the remaining three? It would be great to save some money since interviewing has proven to be expensive, but I also want to ensure an acceptance. The three school's I have/had interviews with are great and would love to go to them if accepted, so I'm considering waiting on their decision before submitting the rest of the secondaries. Is this a bad idea? Any input is appreciated!
I'd send until you get in somewhere. At that point I'd titrate secondaries accordingly
 
  • Like
Reactions: Camacho Mt. Dew

QueenJames

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
May 16, 2013
1,547
2,645
Status
Medical Student
Keep sending them until you get an acceptance. Then you can pick and choose. If it's a program in your top 3 or 5 or whatever you better send that in. If it's a program you wouldn't go to even if accepted or offered an interview at compared to the program you currently got into, then you can just trash it and give somebody else a shot. :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Camacho Mt. Dew

67552931811

Account on Hold
Account on Hold
5+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2013
1,565
1,851
Status
Resident [Any Field]
"titrate". Too much Biochem?
Lol. Any amount of biochem is too much biochem. Not gonna lie, I heard someone use it the other day in a non-medical context and I loved how it was used.

Now, if it is linguistically correct is up for debate haha.
 
  • Like
Reactions: schlitter22

Gandyy

5+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2014
3,432
2,116
Status
Medical Student
Lol. Any amount of biochem is too much biochem. Not gonna lie, I heard someone use it the other day in a non-medical context and I loved how it was used.

Now, if it is linguistically correct is up for debate haha.
Yea no kidding.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 67552931811

Gandyy

5+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2014
3,432
2,116
Status
Medical Student
You had titration lab in chemistry, not only biohem. (e.g. Finding the equivalent of a strong base + Strong acid (always pH 7).)
Yea but I'm taking a soul sucking biochem course right now so it fit better for me.
 
About the Ads