Should I let the school know...

Started by haribo
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

haribo

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys
I know that sometimes during the interview, the interviewer asks whether the student has applied to other schools. Well I have applied to medical schools as well, so should I say yes or no? 😕 Because they want the specific names of the schools.
Thanks
 
I had an interview recently and they asked if I applied to other schools (referring to optometry school) and I said yes. I don't think they'll ask you specifically if you applied to other professional schools so if you can avoid it, leave the info out. I'd suggest coming up with a really good explanation in case it somehow comes up though.
 
haribo said:
Hey guys
I know that sometimes during the interview, the interviewer asks whether the student has applied to other schools. Well I have applied to medical schools as well, so should I say yes or no? 😕 Because they want the specific names of the schools.
Thanks

I would definitely say to avoid saying you also applied to medical schools; I have heard that most schools don't like that. However, there is nothing wrong with saying you've applied to other optometry schools.
 
I had many schools at interviews ask me which other OD schools I was applying to... none asked me about other professional schools. Although, a few apps did have you list that on the application. If it's on your application i wouldn't suggest lying 😉