Should I mention computer programming in PS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

GOBLUERADIO

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

I used to code in the past and one of my interests is to help develop software and artificial intelligence for radiology. Is this something that programs want to know or is it outside of the scope of conventional research? Thanks!
 
I think you should! AI is arguably the hottest research field in radiology right now...so it can only help if someone with AI background sees your application.
 
AI was all over my personal statement. I had to balance it with an interest in IR as well. Made for an interesting story. Got interviews pretty much everywhere except for a few boards-score-heavy programs.