Should I not write the optional adversity/disadvantage secondary prompts if I did not write the disadvantage statement in primaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted965528

I decided not to write the disadvantage statement mainly because of the vagueness of the AAMC prompt.

After reading the secondary prompts that are more detailed, I feel like should write the optional disadvantage/adversity secondaries. I believe I did I grow up with some disadvantages: grew up in low-income household, underperforming schools, first-gen without educational support or guidance, household problems from 0-18, etc. Would it raise eyebrows or look bad if I didn't write the disadvantage statement but then on their secondaries, I start pouring out this new info? Well...not completely new, I hinted at some of this in my PS.

Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I decided not to write the disadvantage statement mainly because of the vagueness of the AAMC prompt.

After reading the secondary prompts that are more detailed, I feel like should write the optional disadvantage/adversity secondaries. I believe I did I grow up with some disadvantages: grew up in low-income household, underperforming schools, first-gen without educational support or guidance, household problems from 0-18, etc. Would it raise eyebrows or look bad if I didn't write the disadvantage statement but then on their secondaries, I start pouring out this new info? Well...not completely new, I hinted at some of this in my PS.

Let me know what you think. Thanks!
Yes, definitely fill it out if you believe it puts context on to who you are as an applicant.

Reactions: 2 users