Should I postpone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorAirJordan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm currently scheduled for the July 2nd test date and I'm panicking. I've been reviewing for a while. I did some TBR initially and took a Kaplan course. I'm nervous b/c I'm shooting for a 32+ but I'm only scoring in the high 20's on my AAMC tests but am scoring in the 30's on a couple of my Kaplan tests.

Here are my scores: (PS, VR, BS) (In chronological order)
Kap Diagnostic: 23
Kaplan 1: 26 (9, 9, 8)
Kaplan 2: 28 (9, 8, 11)
Kaplan 3: 28 (9, 9, 10)
Kaplan 4: 27 (10, 9, 8)
Kaplan 6: 32 (9, 12, 11)
Kaplan 5: 30 (10, 10, 10)
AAMC 5: 28 (10, 9, 9)
Kaplan 7: 28 (10, 9, 9)
Kaplan 8: 32 (11, 11, 10)
AAMC 7: 29 (10, 10, 9)

Let me know your guys' thoughts. I'd really appreciate it. I'm planning on taking AAMC 8 next. Let me know any other last-minute suggestions. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

You're right around your target of a 32+ so I don't think you need to postpone. You have a little over two weeks left, and with a few tweaks to your exam strategy and maybe some content review of weak areas, you can bring up your average. I have 6 AAMCs remaining myself and I plan to take 3 a week (two weeks left until July 2 MCAT). With the Kaplan exams, I found that doing content review of all the topics that I got wrong on the previous exam helped with each new exam that I took. I also stopped reading most of the passages and that gave me a lot of extra time, and not being rushed for time has saved me from a LOT of wrong answers. I wouldn't make any major changes if I were you, but if you can just figure out a couple of things that you're doing wrong and make the adjustments, you'll be set for July 2.

Ok, I'm currently scheduled for the July 2nd test date and I'm panicking. I've been reviewing for a while. I did some TBR initially and took a Kaplan course. I'm nervous b/c I'm shooting for a 32+ but I'm only scoring in the high 20's on my AAMC tests but am scoring in the 30's on a couple of my Kaplan tests.

Here are my scores: (PS, VR, BS) (In chronological order)
Kap Diagnostic: 23
Kaplan 1: 26 (9, 9, 8)
Kaplan 2: 28 (9, 8, 11)
Kaplan 3: 28 (9, 9, 10)
Kaplan 4: 27 (10, 9, 8)
Kaplan 6: 32 (9, 12, 11)
Kaplan 5: 30 (10, 10, 10)
AAMC 5: 28 (10, 9, 9)
Kaplan 7: 28 (10, 9, 9)
Kaplan 8: 32 (11, 11, 10)
AAMC 7: 29 (10, 10, 9)

Let me know your guys' thoughts. I'd really appreciate it. I'm planning on taking AAMC 8 next. Let me know any other last-minute suggestions. Thanks.

I had to take the MCAT twice. The first time I studied I rushed and ended up getting a 30 with a 7VR. Second try I took my time studying and ended with with a 36. So shouldn't rush to take the MCAT. You have not broken a 30 on even the older AAMC yet. Kaplan doesn't represent the actual MCAT. My advice is to continue studying and try to sharpen you test taking logic. If your not getting 32+ a week before your MCAT postpone it because its highly unlikely you will achieve your goal on the real thing.

If I were you I wouldn't take ZeroViBritannia advice. Most of the questions on the real thing are passage based and timing is a HUGE thing on the MCAT. So you have to learn how to manage it. I think ZeroViBritannia might be trying to reduce his competition :laugh: