Step III Should I push back the exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

danny134r534

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am not sure I am in the right place to ask this question but I feel really alone and I don’t know what to do. If I should go ahead with this exam or pushback to end of June. The only issue is I will be doing it after night shift rotation for 2 weeks in June and will have a few days before I do it if I push it back. The exam is scheduled in 8 days. I really don’t know why but I made many stupid mistakes in UWSA2 today I was tired and this has knocked my confidence.

USWA2 score today - 210 UWSA1 - 220 (2 weeks ago) Free 120 old 73% Free 120 new 63% (did this 6 weeks ago) Done all CCS cases with 70% correct

I’m very scared and worried exam is in 9 days and I got 210 today on UWSA.
 
N + 1 but these were my results:

UWORLD SA1 = 240 (5 weeks out)
NBME 10 = 242 (3 weeks out)
UWORLD SA2 = 256 (6 days out)
Free 120 new = 77% 3 days out

Actual score - 260

What specialty are you trying to do? If it is something competitive I would not take it. I feel like you will be in the 220-230 range. You only want to take this test one time. If you are not ready then that's okay, but also realize that everyone also has a certain limit to what they can realistically achieve. After some point of studying you will hit a plateau. This is when you should feel comfortable taking the test.