Should I push my interview to post-Dec. 1st?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrHappyTooth

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have already been to 4 interviews and 3/4 have gone very well. I just got an interview invite to NYUCD and when I called to schedule they said that I would have to schedule for November or email the committee to see if I could get a December interview. NYUCD would probably be my last choice of the schools I have interviewed at so far due to location and $$ so I am kind of hoping I could schedule the interview for after Dec. 1st and cancel if I get accepted somewhere else and save the travel money. I'm scared that I won't get accepted to one of the other schools though and regret not interviewing in November at NYU. Why can't schools just tell us earlier if we are accepted!?!

Members don't see this ad.

I would go (I was in the same position as you and I did go). I think NYU is pretty sensitive about people using them as a backup school and, unless you have a great excuse for delaying the interview, they're going to know why you're postponing after Dec 1.

If anything you can think of it as paying some money for a little bit more peace of mind.