-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Should i put another deposit down while waiting for UCSF?
Started by ucla2134
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hello,
I just recently accepted to Michigan, i really like the school and Ann Arbor. I think i have to choose over Case because i think i would be miserable in Cleveland.
Anyhow, UCSF waitlisted me number 6. I know it is a good chance of getting in but you never know. If i do not put down 1500 deposit for Michigan and UCSF do not accept me off waiting list, i would be miserable in Cleveland. If i put down deposit, and got accepted to UCSF, i would kick myself for losing 1500 dollars which i can use that money to help out my family.
What should i do?
Please kindly help
It all comes down to how much more you like UMich compared to Case. You have a spot already so there is no gambling. You will probably get in to UCSF but if you don't would you want to attend Case because of those $1500 that you didn't deposit to hold Michigan spot?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
And you also have your UOP interview coming up too right? Or just go to UOP and ACE that interview and get in? That sounds like a good plan B.
And you also have your UOP interview coming up too right? Or just go to UOP and ACE that interview and get in? That sounds like a good plan B.
Hey, i will withdraw from UOP. 3 years is too intense for me. Besides, i want to do some research and extracurricular activities beside dental school. I don't think i ave enough time in 3 years plus I am a very slow learner😳
I would not gamble. Although there is a pretty good chance you could be admitted, there is no guarantee. I would put the deposit down and just consider it an investment.
👍
J
junkemails44
I would put a deposit down for Michigan. Good luck with UCSF. I really love that school.
Last edited by a moderator:
Call the school and ask if u can get an extension on your deadline
Call the school and ask if u can get an extension on your deadline
Good Idea, but if they say NO
Put down the deposit. 1500 is not much to be miserable for 4 years (you said you are sure to be miserable in Cleveland). Look at the big picture. Buy yourself an insurance and GL on getting into UCSF.