Should I Q drop a class?

Started by Sandie
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sandie

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am considering Q dropping a Calculus 2 class. Has anyone been accepted to vet school with a Q on your transcript? Would it be better to finish the class? I may be able to squeak out a C if I lock myself in a room and study cal 12 hrs a day for the rest of the semester. Thanks for any advice or opinions.
 
Last edited:
I am considering Q dropping a Calculus 2 class. Has anyone been accepted to vet school with a Q on your transcript? Would it be better to finish the class? I may be able to squeak out a C if I lock myself in a room and study cal 12 hrs a day for the rest of the semester. Thanks for any advice or opinions.

Non-event. Having one or two Q's on your transcript won't matter.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I withdrew from an entire semester (granted, I had a reason and explained this on my application) and withdrew from I think 2 other classes during undergrad. Don't sweat it.
 
You should be totally fine. I have 3 Q Drops at Texas A&M for O-chem II Lab (I had severe anxiety about this class), and a W for a CC class I didn't need.

And they still let me in to A&M!