Should I quit scribing during my gap year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kinecter

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So recently I've been debating whether or not I should quit my scribing job during my gap year. I've already accumulated over 2000 hours in 2 years with the job, and I've also achieved trainer status and had plenty of experience mentoring the scribes that came after me. As far as the job goes, it has become ridiculously repetitive and I truly feel like nothing more than a "keyboard warrior." I feel like I've already gotten almost everything that I can out of the job and I've certainly learned plenty, and I've already gotten multiple LOR's from the physicians. My other option during the gap year is to capitalize on the online tutoring that I am doing, which already pays much better than the scribing gig. In terms of the rest of my application, I'll continue doing my non-clinical volunteering during the gap year, as well as taking a few classes in addition to being a TA for anatomy. My main concern is whether or not the adcoms will see me quitting my scribe gig before I start my gap year as a detriment to my application in the sense that I'm not showing a commitment to medicine or that I'm not as involved during the gap year. What are your opinions?

For reference, my basic stats are c3.85, s3.86, 515. See my post history for my full EC's and such.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Don't see why you need to continue scribing. You already got 2 years under ur belt. I'd quit if you find it boring and focus on the tutoring gig

Reactions: 1 user