Should I re-take the DAT??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gmen37

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I really need some advice on whether I should re-take the DAT. I took it in mid-September of the application cycle and applied right after I got my scores (kinda late I know). I have a 3.84 overall GPA and a science GPA of 3.67.

I got a 19AA 21TS 19QR 16RC and 16PAT. Should I just re-apply for next cycle on the day it opens with these scores? I volunteered at a hospital and I have shadowing experience already. What should I do? I already got rejections from UB, NYU, and UMDNJ, but I think its because I applied late. I really don't want to take the DATs over :(

Members don't see this ad.

I will do that, but are my DAT scores fine to re-submit into the next cycle in June considering my GPA?

I thought I'd replied to your concerns, but I guess it didn't go through.

Your GPA is excellent, but DAT is not. I'd highly advise a retake mainly for RC and PAT which are super important. You want 19 ish on both of those while maintaining the rest to the best of your ability.

DON'T waste time on a post bacc program unless you have real interest. Its only for people with GPA below par to prove their academic worth.

EDIT: Found the issue, you opened multiple threads: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=891447

+1
Save yourself a lot of time and money. Retake the test. Good luck!

I thought I'd replied to your concerns, but I guess it didn't go through.

Your GPA is excellent, but DAT is not. I'd highly advise a retake mainly for RC and PAT which are super important. You want 19 ish on both of those while maintaining the rest to the best of your ability.

DON'T waste time on a post bacc program unless you have real interest. Its only for people with GPA below par to prove their academic worth.

EDIT: Found the issue, you opened multiple threads: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=891447