Should I reapply this cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

plsimanoob

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last cycle I applied to 20 MD schools and 3 DO schools. I got waitlisted at 1 DO school. I think the major issue with my application that cycle was that I applied around October.
Right now my stats are cGPA 3.37 / sGPA 3.35 / MCAT 500 . In summary I've had: leadership position in college, used to scribe, currently a phlebotomist, used to CNA, lots of community volunteering and local free health clinic volunteering, Spanish translating (I am a URM).

I was getting ready to take the MCAT tomorrow but have been getting practice scores of 500 and have decided not to take my test anymore.

Should I go ahead and try this current cycle while I keep trying to improve my application for the next one? I qualified for fee assistance so I am able to apply to 20 schools for free this cycle. I was planning on applying to more DO schools as well. Will reapplying this cycle hurt my chances next cycle?

Thank you for any help.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you apply more broadly to many DO schools you should receive more interviews. I suggest these DO schools:
VCOM (all 4 schools )
CUSOM
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
PCOM (all schools)
ACOM
WCU-COM
UIWSOM
LECOM (all schools)
MU-COM
TUNCOM
NYIT-AR
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
BCOM
Noorda-COM
For MD schools I suggest these:
Eastern Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
West Virginia
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Hackensack
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Einstein
NOVA MD
TCU-UNT
Creighton
Loyola
Rush
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
An early application is important so apply within the next month and submit all you secondaries by August.

If you apply more broadly to many DO schools you should receive more interviews. I suggest these DO schools:
VCOM (all 4 schools )
CUSOM
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
PCOM (all schools)
ACOM
WCU-COM
UIWSOM
LECOM (all schools)
MU-COM
TUNCOM
NYIT-AR
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
BCOM
Noorda-COM
Eastern Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
West Virginia
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Hackensack
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Einstein
NOVA MD
TCU-UNT
Creighton
Loyola
Rush
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
An early application is important so apply within the next month and submit all you secondaries by August.

VCOM (all 4 schools )
CUSOM
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
PCOM (all schools)
ACOM
WCU-COM
UIWSOM
LECOM (all schools)
MU-COM
TUNCOM
NYIT-AR
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
BCOM
Noorda-COM
Eastern Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
West Virginia
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Hackensack
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Einstein
NOVA MD
TCU-UNT
Creighton
Loyola
Rush
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Thank you for the list! I applied to some of these schools last cycle like Loyola and Wayne state.

Apart from a new volunteering commitment I haven’t really had many changes from my old application. Do you think this will be a big issue? I know that it won’t be ideal at the very least

Thank you for the list! I applied to some of these schools last cycle like Loyola and Wayne state.

Apart from a new volunteering commitment I haven’t really had many changes from my old application. Do you think this will be a big issue? I know that it won’t be ideal at the very least
You just need to apply to many more DO schools so you can receive multiple interviews. MD schools are more unpredictable and the GPA-MCAT grid shows you have only a 1/3 chance for a MD acceptance.

Reactions: 1 user
I think you should apply DO only or wait a cycle to get a better MCAT for MD

Apply only DO schools. I'm sure you will get into my school with that score. I just graduated.