Should I reapply to DO schools that rejected me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

woodcoffee

Reaction score
I applied very late in the cycle (December) to a few DO schools. Should I forget about the schools that rejected me, or will it make a difference if I apply in June, early in the cycle? I'm waitlisted for AZCOM and they told me had I applied earlier than in December it would've been totally fine, so I'm wondering if it's the same with the reject schools. My GPA is 3.5 and MCAT 510, 700 clinical hours (+2000 new from clinical research this year), 1000 volunteer hours and 2 years of research in neuroscience and psychiatry. Thanks for any insight!!

Members don't see this ad.

I would say apply again and earlier this time.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah I would definitely apply to all of those schools again. Applying in June will only help your app this time around! I've received II's from schools that rejected me from a past cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I applied very late in the cycle (December) to a few DO schools. Should I forget about the schools that rejected me, or will it make a difference if I apply in June, early in the cycle? I'm waitlisted for AZCOM and they told me had I applied earlier than in December it would've been totally fine, so I'm wondering if it's the same with the reject schools. My GPA is 3.5 and MCAT 510, 700 clinical hours (+2000 new from clinical research this year), 1000 volunteer hours and 2 years of research in neuroscience and psychiatry. Thanks for any insight!!
Yes, but rewrite all essays and apply much earlier. You already lost a year of clinician salary by applying late.

Reactions: 3 users
I got an interview on my second application to a school I was rejected from my first time around. as others mentioned, get it in early and rewrite your essays.