Should I reapply to DO schools that rejected me?

woodcoffee

May 24, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
    I applied very late in the cycle (December) to a few DO schools. Should I forget about the schools that rejected me, or will it make a difference if I apply in June, early in the cycle? I'm waitlisted for AZCOM and they told me had I applied earlier than in December it would've been totally fine, so I'm wondering if it's the same with the reject schools. My GPA is 3.5 and MCAT 510, 700 clinical hours (+2000 new from clinical research this year), 1000 volunteer hours and 2 years of research in neuroscience and psychiatry. Thanks for any insight!!

BBQisgood4u

2+ Year Member
    May 2, 2019
    1. Medical Student
      Yeah I would definitely apply to all of those schools again. Applying in June will only help your app this time around! I've received II's from schools that rejected me from a past cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
      About the Ads

Goro

10+ Year Member
      Verified Expert
      Silver Member
      Gold Member
      Jun 11, 2010
      Somewhere west of St. Louis
      1. Non-Student
        I applied very late in the cycle (December) to a few DO schools. Should I forget about the schools that rejected me, or will it make a difference if I apply in June, early in the cycle? I'm waitlisted for AZCOM and they told me had I applied earlier than in December it would've been totally fine, so I'm wondering if it's the same with the reject schools. My GPA is 3.5 and MCAT 510, 700 clinical hours (+2000 new from clinical research this year), 1000 volunteer hours and 2 years of research in neuroscience and psychiatry. Thanks for any insight!!
        Yes, but rewrite all essays and apply much earlier. You already lost a year of clinician salary by applying late.

Reactions: 3 users
        About the Ads
        This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.