Should I reschedule my DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dentist409

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Should I push my DAT back? As of right now I am halfway through the gen chem and the organic chem video lessons + corresponding problems in Bootcamp. I also have 5 chapters left of biology to get through. I have been outlining each DAT bio academy chapter. I have been casually looking at PAT each day, but not hardcore. I just bought PAT booster and will hopefully increase my practice time. For QR, I have finished 6 destroyer exams in the math destroyer. My exam is scheduled for August 31st, however I am going on a family vacation for ten days mid July, and I have a surgery scheduled. Thus I only have about 47 days in total to study. Should I reschedule? My goal is to finish the rest of bio, gen chem, and orgo by June 5th of next week. After that I want to start memorizing everything, doing destroyer problems, and also practice exams. I don't have a strong background in the sciences, which worries me. Thank you for the any advice in advance 🙂
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh then why the rush?? Have you already scheduled?
Very true lol. I haven't scheduled it, but I kind of worry that once school, extracurriculars, and work start that I won't have as much time to devote to studying. Would that be enough days to get a good score? If I finish all of the bio, gen chem, and orgo content by next week I would have about 38 full days to do practice exams, do all the destroyer problems, and memorize everything (which I haven't done yet because I'm just trying to digest all of the info first).
 
Most people will say 2-3 months it really depends on you. However, I will say do not rush it! You have so much time. If you feel comfortable enough to take it do it. But you still have next summer too.