should I reschedule?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mOlar1!

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
took my first practice test after 3 months of studying and got a 27 orgo 30 gen chem and 30 in bio, lol behold before you think my scores are good, 16 in RC and 16 in QR and 15 in PAT. i recently started math destroyer and i take one exam one day and review. then second day i take that exam timed and improve since i learn the mistakes. i am on test 3 now. (can only do 10). going through destroyer second time, i have watched chad's video on aldol condensation and gringnard reagent 3 times and i still can't understand for jackshiz. i have yet to memorize the all roadmaps. not to mention, i used to improve in reading. idk wtf happened and first bootcamp test felt like HELL for reading. i started crying midway through. PAT is still a lost cause even though I practice everyday for 1.5 hours. my test is scheduled for Aug 31st. should i reschedule? any other tips would be helpful. before i cry for another 4 hours out of anxiety.

Members don't see this ad.

You have 18 days to bring up your PAT and QR. I was in your same boat give or take a few days. Starting immediately, go straight to bootcamp QR test 10 and work your way through all of those. Look at EVERY problem, right or wrong 2x so you know the process of solving that question type. Eventually you will see improvements for QR. My math went from a 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 19, 19 and then finally a 19 on the real thing.

As for PAT, take an hour a day. Start with the TFE visualizer for an hour first though. Get the first ten or so wrong on purpose and really analyze the figures with the visualizer. It will get easier within the first hour or two. For the HP and CC sections also use the generators. Angle ranking i never studied and PF I didnt study to hard.

Lastly reading was a joke on the real thing. BC RC #1 killed my confidence after convincing myself it would be the score to balance out my math skills (was getting the 15-16 QR at the time)

What you're feeling is normal. I felt the same way. Look at my breakdown for more info, but you NEED to work hard. You are close to the finish line but don't stumble yet. Don't let all your hard work be for nothing.

Reactions: 1 users
thank you so much for your advice. did you find bootcamp qr similar to that of real dat? bc i have heard mix things about bootcamp QR.

My suggestion for getting the RC up is to pick up the New York Times and Wall Street Journal and read through some articles each day. Being well-read in world affairs is a great way to connect with people when they sit in your chair as a patient. On the periphery it will help your RC score!

I think you'll be ready at the end of August. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user