should I reschedule?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mOlar1!

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
took my first practice test after 3 months of studying and got a 27 orgo 30 gen chem and 30 in bio, lol behold before you think my scores are good, 16 in RC and 16 in QR and 15 in PAT. i recently started math destroyer and i take one exam one day and review. then second day i take that exam timed and improve since i learn the mistakes. i am on test 3 now. (can only do 10). going through destroyer second time, i have watched chad's video on aldol condensation and gringnard reagent 3 times and i still can't understand for jackshiz. i have yet to memorize the all roadmaps. not to mention, i used to improve in reading. idk wtf happened and first bootcamp test felt like HELL for reading. i started crying midway through. PAT is still a lost cause even though I practice everyday for 1.5 hours. my test is scheduled for Aug 31st. should i reschedule? any other tips would be helpful. before i cry for another 4 hours out of anxiety.

Members don't see this ad.

1- don't cry
2- I'm even more behind and my test is the 24th so IDK, maybe I should reschedule too *nervous laughter*
3- this lady on you tube is an aldol reaction miracle worker. watch the whole series if you want to understand them or jump to the second or third one to predict the product in literally 2 seconds. like I said, a miracle worker:

Reactions: 1 user
lmao i love your username and thank you so much, i am gona watch this vid now. are you planning on resheduling or what? i

No, because I'm a part time teacher and I can't push it back once school starts so I will just try my best to be prepared now and hope for the best, I'm not going for that 26 AA, an 18 would be a blessing, so IDK I'm not one to take advice from lol I'm a mess, but I'm sure others would have some input.
and thank you! in my current circumstances, my username sounds like a darn lie

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Do 1 hour of rc 1 hour of pat and 2 hours of qr per day and you'll be posting a 30AA breakdown on August 31!

Reactions: 1 users
Do 1 hour of rc 1 hour of pat and 2 hours of qr per day and you'll be posting a 30AA breakdown on August 31!
ah! i am scared af bc i kinda wanna finish destroyer at least 4 times but doesnt seem like i got the time to do so but you are right, i am gona start doing 1 hour of reading everyday. did you do the byu4u stratergy for reading?

Find your own strategy for reading doesn't have to be one of ours lol. You've got this! You've got almost 3 weeks; plenty of time to improve those 3 sections!

Reactions: 1 user
took my first practice test after 3 months of studying and got a 27 orgo 30 gen chem and 30 in bio, lol behold before you think my scores are good, 16 in RC and 16 in QR and 15 in PAT. i recently started math destroyer and i take one exam one day and review. then second day i take that exam timed and improve since i learn the mistakes. i am on test 3 now. (can only do 10). going through destroyer second time, i have watched chad's video on aldol condensation and gringnard reagent 3 times and i still can't understand for jackshiz. i have yet to memorize the all roadmaps. not to mention, i used to improve in reading. idk wtf happened and first bootcamp test felt like HELL for reading. i started crying midway through. PAT is still a lost cause even though I practice everyday for 1.5 hours. my test is scheduled for Aug 31st. should i reschedule? any other tips would be helpful. before i cry for another 4 hours out of anxiety.

Which practice test did you take?

dat bootcamp!

The first science test per subject are a lot easier in my opinion. I got a 23 on bio without studying and a 24 i believe on ochem. Wait until your second exams to be honest. This will be a better indicator. QR watch khan academy and youtube, practice only for accuracy then use timed tests.

PAT practice, but split your practice time into about 30 minutes each time. I would do 7 questions of each section. Then come back mid day, and then a little before bed. you won't improve as much if you only do blocks of 1.5 hours at a time.

If you want some specific advice shoot me a message on here.

No more crying! You are a hard working smart student that will not have problem on the DAT, believe in yourself. I do!

Nancy