Should I retake a class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdwedd

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am likely going to fail my elective English course. I am graduating after I finish a few classes this summer, but my school does not offer this class in the summer, so I would just have to take another elective. After graduation, my GPA should be right at 3.2, and I have a 29 MCAT score. Should I spend the money to take this class at a different school to have my grade replaced, or will I still have a decent chance for acceptance even with the failed class?

Members don't see this ad.

This will not affect your sGPA, however, a F will alarm people especially since its your senior year.

Reactions: 1 user
I am likely going to fail my elective English course. I am graduating after I finish a few classes this summer, but my school does not offer this class in the summer, so I would just have to take another elective. After graduation, my GPA should be right at 3.2, and I have a 29 MCAT score. Should I spend the money to take this class at a different school to have my grade replaced, or will I still have a decent chance for acceptance even with the failed class?

Agree with @PlaqueBuster , getting an F right now is not okay and can hurt your chances...even if it is not a science course.

I would retake.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
As the others said, an F is going to require a retake.

Retake at a community college and live happily ever after