Should I Retake Class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Antsi3

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
So I just finished a class and wanted to know if I should retake it. It was the anatomy and physio 2 combined. I got screwed over by the professor and ended up with a C in lecture and B in Lab. Last semester, I took the anatomy and physio 1 combined and received A's in both the lecture and lab. These were post bachelor classes.

I took the individual anatomy and physio classes during my undergrad and received C's and I know the purpose of retaking was to show improvement. I know these classes are one of the main pre-reqs but I don't know what to do.

Would love to get your input. Appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

I would definitely retake it. PT's specialize in anatomy so it looks really good to have an A on your transcript when you apply. Schools will definitely take note that you are trying to better your understanding in A&P, especially if you retake and get an A.

Reactions: 1 user
What are your grades in other pre-reqs? Also, where did you take those two A&P classes? A&P truly does vary from school to school- so I wouldn't worry too much. Maybe those hard classes will make grad school A&P easier, who knows!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I would definitely retake it. PT's specialize in anatomy so it looks really good to have an A on your transcript when you apply. Schools will definitely take note that you are trying to better your understanding in A&P, especially if you retake and get an A.

Definitely. It was interesting, when I checked the final grades, I finished with a B in lecture and an A in lab.

What are your grades in other pre-reqs? Also, where did you take those two A&P classes? A&P truly does vary from school to school- so I wouldn't worry too much. Maybe those hard classes will make grad school A&P easier, who knows!

I took them at Miami Dade College. But I ended up with a B in lecture and an A in lab.

Really depends on your gpa and prerequisite gpa.

Anatomy is the foundation of any program. In my experience, in PT school it was also incredibly difficult and rigorous compared to undergrad. It might help to retake to also have it fresher in your mind and show that you understand it on an undergraduate level.

Knowing how competitive PT programs are it's hard to believe they will let a C in anatomy slide.