Should I retake DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soyungil

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied this year and have not gotten in yet.
PAT 22 AA 19 SCI 19, BIO 20 GC 19 OC 18 RC 22 QR 17
GPA 3.46, SCI GPA 3.33
I have 2 years and counting experience as an oral surgery assistant.
I will be starting a 1 year masters this summer.
Should I bother to retake DAT?

Members don't see this ad.

See how you feel after completing your Masters. If you feel that what you've learned could help your improve your score, then fine. But your DAT is pretty decent as it is.

Members don't see this ad :)
When did you submit? When did you take the DAT?

your grades are great you should have got in somewhere, how many interviews did you have. and starting masters is a big plus it will help you out, so think about it. also your job is great some of us are out of college, you at least have 2 years experience in something, did u do any research?

GPA 3.46, SCI GPA 3.33

your DAT scores are fine. the masters program should be a nice boost to your application. good luck.

I applied to AADSAS the first of July, and took the DAT in late August. I applied to 15 schools and interviewed at 3. Oh, and I have not done any research, so that may be hurting me. But I work, go to school, and am active in church. I do not really have time to commit to research.

IMPROVE YOUR DAT SCORE!

aim for a 20+ in all sections.

:luck:

IMPROVE YOUR DAT SCORE!

aim for a 20+ in all sections.

:luck:

I don't think you need to improve ur DAT's...scores are pretty good...mine werent as good and I got in...just be more persistent with the admissions people...let them know ur out there and not just another applicant..

GPA 3.46, SCI GPA 3.33

ur scores r good..try to apply more schools like NYU, NOVA..i m pretty much sure that u will get in these schools w/ these scores bcz i had lower than urs and got interviewers there. But got in NYU.. so don't loose hope..ur stats r good, but if u have time then retaking dat w/ good scores won't hurt u..gdluck for ur masters.