Should I retake it??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thl_g

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all...
I took PCAT in June 2005 and honestly didn't study much for it ( It was right after my finals)..
I got a 86% in composite...
Did pretty good w/Science above 84%... math 93%
Reading Comperhension 80%
The only real problem was verbal 55%....
Do u think I should retake it?
I have been studying the GRE Verbal for a while and can feel some improvement...
Also I am a California Resident and my main focuse is Ca (For which PCAT isn't required), though will apply for out of state too
My GPA isn't that stellar... Science 3.2 ,so I figured I may not have much of a chance for Ca School..
I already have a B.S (In a non-bio non-chem major), and almost a year experience in a compounding pharmacy as volunteer.,.,
I have couple of years of work experience in corporate world.
And couple of Volunteer Positions here and there...
I heard a PCAT of over 90% makes u competetive...
Honestly it's the 100$ I feel kinda stingy to pay for retaking it, but if it's worth it what the hell I will pay it..
What do u think??
Should I retake it

Members don't see this ad.

If you weren't a CA resident and applying to a competitive out-of-state school, I'd say consider it but only if you've got the money/time to invest. But really, an 86 is very solid especially considering your verbal score. Your scores in the core science sections are competitive. Is California really that competitive for in state?

Is English is your 2nd language?? I think your score is not bad at all. you don't have to take it. 56% on verbal is fine. It's not a big deal. you don't have to be sad for that. Good luck!