Should I Retake MCAT

Started by frankbob
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

frankbob

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Yall

I’m ORM with a 3.97 GPA and a 512 mcat (130/124/128/130) additionally im likely gonna have to reapplying this cycle.

I had one interview last cycle and it turned into WL and it is unlikely that I will be getting off it.

I’m debating on retaking the mcat and if I did will contribute much at all into my new application? I don’t necessarily think that was the reason I didn’t get in but im wondering how much it would help.

2500> clinical hours
~300 non clinical volunteering hrs
~300 research hours
 
Welcome to the forums.

You need to give us more details about your profile. You got enough to get one interview, so your MCAT probably isn't your problem. The depth of your experiences and writing/interviewing are more likely worth some scrutiny.