Should I retake my DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1156533

Hello I am a pre-dental student looking for some advice. I recently retook my DAT and I got a 20AA 20TS and nothing under 18 for the subsections. My undergraduate OGPA is a 3.23 and SGPA is 3.21. Due to the the gpa I did a postbacc program and ended with a 3.6 GPA. Should I retake my DAT or just apply the coming cycle?

Recap:
DAT: 20AA, 20TS
previous: 18AA 17TS

Undergrad GPA: 3.23 overall, 3.21 Science
Postbacc GPA: 3.6

Members don't see this ad.

Hello I am a pre-dental student looking for some advice. I recently retook my DAT and I got a 20AA 20TS and nothing under 18 for the subsections. My undergraduate OGPA is a 3.23 and SGPA is 3.21. Due to the the gpa I did a postbacc program and ended with a 3.6 GPA. Should I retake my DAT or just apply the coming cycle?

Recap:
DAT: 20AA, 20TS
previous: 18AA 17TS

Undergrad GPA: 3.23 overall, 3.21 Science
Postbacc GPA: 3.6
what is your gpa when you combine the undergrad and postbacc?
are you sure you can score higher if you retake?

Reactions: 1 user
Agree, you should recalculate what your gpa is after doing the post bacc. I’m unsure just how much it’ll raise it, maybe ever so slightly. A DAT retake may not be necessary since a 20AA is the average for matriculants. I think if you post a WAMCs thread in the WAMCs forum we could give you a better idea. You may have to apply broadly since your gpa will most likely be under the average for most schools except privates

Reactions: 1 user