Should I retake physics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

runner618

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the Physics 1 and 2 pre-reqs and got a C+ and C. All my other pre reqs were A's and B's. My cumulative GPA is a 3.55 but should be a 3.7 at the time I apply. Should I retake one or both of these Physics classes? Also, does retaking at a community college look bad? I would like to to save money. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I took the Physics 1 and 2 pre-reqs and got a C+ and C. All my other pre reqs were A's and B's. My cumulative GPA is a 3.55 but should be a 3.7 at the time I apply. Should I retake one or both of these Physics classes? Also, does retaking at a community college look bad? I would like to to save money. Thanks!

2/3rds of my classes were taken at a community college. 5 classes were retakes. My GPA was much lower than yours too...I got in to 2 out of 6 of my schools in Michigan which is a state notorious for being hard to get into.

In other words...your fine. lol

Thanks for the response! Was your prereq GPA low too?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the response! Was your prereq GPA low too?

Here are my full stats for comparison.

University: Lansing Community College -> Michigan State University
Major: Kinesiology - Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.23
Prereq GPA: 3.17
MSU Final GPA (with retakes): 3.24
LCC Final GPA (with retakes): 3.45
Extra-curricular: MSU Bowling Team for a year (quit due to cost and time..lol), Pre-Physical Therapy Association (PPTA), Human Energy Research Lab (HERL).
Volunteer: 60+ hours Outpatient Orthopedic, ~20 hours Outpatient Neuro, ~20 Inpatient Acute, 240 hour internship Inpatient Orthopedic. ~340 total hours.
GRE: 480 (~152 current) Verbal, 630 (~150 current) Quat., 4.0 Writing
Applied: GVSU, CMU, OU, WSU, AU, Northwestern, UM - Flint
Interviewed:Andrews University
Alternate List: Northwestern
Acceptances: Andrews University, UM - Flint
Rejections: GVSU, CMU, OU, WSU (lack of requirements apparently)