Should I retake the course?

Started by DieHardRX
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DieHardRX

will try till accepted
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,
I hope you can help me with this decision.
I've fisnished undergraduate school and am debating whether i'm taking this year off and focus on studying the PCAT and the application preperation or retaking Ochem because I took it about 7 years ago with B on the first part and C on the second part.
What should I do? I've think of all the cons and pros for retaking the class but stil not sure.
thanks
 
Hi all,
I hope you can help me with this decision.
I've fisnished undergraduate school and am debating whether i'm taking this year off and focus on studying the PCAT and the application preperation or retaking Ochem because I took it about 7 years ago with B on the first part and C on the second part.
What should I do? I've think of all the cons and pros for retaking the class but stil not sure.
thanks

7 years ago is quite some time...i think you should retake both ochems. since you have a year gap...plus, while taking the class, it'll help you on ochem part of pcat! gl with the decision
 
7 years ago is quite some time...i think you should retake both ochems. since you have a year gap...plus, while taking the class, it'll help you on ochem part of pcat! gl with the decision

thanks
i'm thinking of taking Ochem with another GE class to be a halftime student. Will think about it more over the summer.
I wonder if you really need lots of Ochem knowledge for the pharmacy school.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Depends on how much you remember. I took ochem about 3 yrs ago and decided to take it again recently. I was soooooo glad that I did. I understood things much better second time round and things are fresh in my mind now. I think it was worth it.
 
I did well on both o.chems years ago but I really had to review. You may be different of course but you should see if you need a refresher.

Some schools prefer relatively more recent courses, but some don't really care as much. I would just do research on the schools that interest you and see if a retake applies.