Jul 21, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Dental
Hello, I just took my DAT and I'm conflicted as to whether or not I should retake it.

My scores:
PAT: 16
QR: 19
RC: 22
BIO: 24
GC: 21
OC: 20
TS: 21
AA: 21

I'm worried that my PAT score is too low, but I don't know if I should risk re-taking it and potentially scoring lower on the other sections as well. I know some (very few) schools have a low cutoff for the PAT section but I'm not sure how other schools will view this. I've read mixed reviews about the importance of the PAT section but I really don't want to risk scoring lower on the other sections, so I'm really unsure as to what I should do. Will schools be able to overlook this or will this be a dealbreaker?

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
15+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
  1. Non-Student
Hello, I just took my DAT and I'm conflicted as to whether or not I should retake it.

My scores:
PAT: 16
QR: 19
RC: 22
BIO: 24
GC: 21
OC: 20
TS: 21
AA: 21

I'm worried that my PAT score is too low, but I don't know if I should risk re-taking it and potentially scoring lower on the other sections as well. I know some (very few) schools have a low cutoff for the PAT section but I'm not sure how other schools will view this. I've read mixed reviews about the importance of the PAT section but I really don't want to risk scoring lower on the other sections, so I'm really unsure as to what I should do. Will schools be able to overlook this or will this be a dealbreaker?
Congratulations, your scores are great and I wouldn't consider a retake unless a school you are applying to requires a higher PAT score, most don't. If you retake, I agree you risk scoring lower in the other sections. I like the consistency of your scores and so will the dental schools.

Wishing you the best...Nancy,co/owner/DAT Destroyer,orgoman

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads