Should I retake the DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

quand

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just took the DAT a few days ago and pretty satisfied, however i feel like I could do better. So my question to you guys is do you think i should retake the test?

Here are my stats:

GPA 3.323
Science GPA: 3.3
*Quick random question, do my upper division classes count into my science gpa?

DAT Score
AA:20
TS:20
BIO:18 **This was the hardest bio section i had ever seen :(
GC:21
OC:21
PAT:20
CR:20
QR:19

Any input would be great thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure why you are questioning it, your AA is above many schools' average score. Nice job

Its not that I am unhappy with my score, it just wish I had gotten 1 or 2 points higher..agh but i guess you are right.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope. Your scores are beautiful. No retake. A little late for the cycle though. Hopefully everything works out for you.

Like everyone said your scores are pretty good I wouldn't retake.

Your 20/20/20 is fine. No retake.

If you are not satisfied with your overall stat, you're probably better off taking past-bac science classes to boost some sGPA.

There is more negative aspects to retake than positive things to come. 20AA is fine.

Hey guys, just took the DAT a few days ago and pretty satisfied, however i feel like I could do better. So my question to you guys is do you think i should retake the test?

Here are my stats:

GPA 3.323
Science GPA: 3.3
*Quick random question, do my upper division classes count into my science gpa?

DAT Score
AA:20
TS:20
BIO:18 **This was the hardest bio section i had ever seen :(
GC:21
OC:21
PAT:20
CR:20
QR:19

Any input would be great thanks

I'd say stick with your 20/20/20... those are definitely solid scores. Your upper div science classes will be factored into your sGPA, so as long as you do well in those, your sGPA will go up :)

your scores are fine. Even if you re-took it and got better scores, doesn't that mean you are delaying the review process by updating your application, which in turn means your interview invite will likely to get delayed? Depending on the school, this may be an issue.