Should I retake the GRE?

Started by ce106132
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ce106132

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took the GRE last year and got 157 Verbal and 155 Quantitative, which I'm more or less fine with. However, I got 3.0 in Analytical Writing, when most schools want at least 3.5. I've been told by admissions offices at some schools that I wouldn't get rejected solely on the 3.0, but I'm not sure whether I should take it or not.

So should I retake the GRE?

My total GPA is 3.33 and my prerequisite GPA is 3.52. I also have about 120 hours of observation, 120 hospital volunteer experience, and did tutored math for middle school kids for 2 years.

Anyways, I plan on applying to schools in the NJ/NY area as well as the Simmons and MCPHS DPT programs.
 
Last edited:
I'd retake. You can probably easily get a least a 3.5 or a 4 if you just prep a little for this time.
 
I know a friend in my program (top 15 school) that had a 2.0 on writing and got in. If you have extra time, might as well take it again. GRE is fairly inexpensive.