Should I retake the GRE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Daniel86155

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my stats are around 3.4-3.5 gpa with a 150 hours of service under the guidance of Physical Therapists but my GRE score came out to be 147 verbal ( i know low :( ) and 155 quant. The essay score has not come out yet but i feel that i did decent. Should I retake this before the PTCAS deadline of oct 1? Or should i just submit.

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on where you're applying and their requirements. I scored about the same on the GRE as yourself, but switch the scores for the sections and I was accepted into a school. I would contact specific schools and see what they want. Some schools aren't as particular and some are

Yes, it will depend on which schools you're applying to and what their minimum requirements are (if any), and how much they weigh the GRE in comparison to everything else.

I scored 149 on both sections, but I have a high GPA to make up for it so to speak. I didn't re take it because all of the schools i'm applying to i'm over or have met their requirement with my score. So do your research, and that will answer your question for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
It depends on where you're applying and their requirements. I scored about the same on the GRE as yourself, but switch the scores for the sections and I was accepted into a school. I would contact specific schools and see what they want. Some schools aren't as particular and some are
Congrats! You submitted your application already? I feel so late

Yes, it will depend on which schools you're applying to and what their minimum requirements are (if any), and how much they weigh the GRE in comparison to everything else.

I scored 149 on both sections, but I have a high GPA to make up for it so to speak. I didn't re take it because all of the schools i'm applying to i'm over or have met their requirement with my score. So do your research, and that will answer your question for you.
Awesome thank you so much for the help :)

Congrats! You submitted your application already? I feel so late
Well, I submitted my application to a Non PTCAS school and I also submitted early decision, so I'm still waiting to here back on that currently.

Reactions: 1 user