Should I retake the GRE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cn1529

Reaction score
I’m applying to PT school this cycle and am worried about my GRE score.

I have a 3.84 GPA, nearly 200 observation/volunteer hours between outpatient, inpatient and pediatrics, and three letters of rec.

I got a 296 on the GRE and am debating about retaking it. Only 2-3 out of the 10 programs I’m planning on applying to require it, so I’m wondering if it would be worth it.

Members don't see this ad.

I would check with your school requirements and how much you want to go to said schools. If your top choice requires a 300, then I'd consider it. Otherwise, there are many other things you can focus on instead of the GRE just for a couple schools and with the vast majority of your schools not requiring it, I would not bother honestly. I have heard of many students with your GRE score get into a program and with your GPA and variety of hours, I think you will be fine :)

Reactions: 1 user
I’m applying to PT school this cycle and am worried about my GRE score.

I have a 3.84 GPA, nearly 200 observation/volunteer hours between outpatient, inpatient and pediatrics, and three letters of rec.

I got a 296 on the GRE and am debating about retaking it. Only 2-3 out of the 10 programs I’m planning on applying to require it, so I’m wondering if it would be worth it.
retake only if the schools that require GRE are cheaper than the ones that do not require GRE.