Should I retake the GRE?

Started by jjb924
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jjb924

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took the GRE back in June of 2007 and got a 550V 550Q & 5.5 Writing. My gpa is a 3.37 (graduated May 2006) and my prereq gpa is about a 3.9 with 2 more classes to go. Should I be taking it again, or just go with my score? I'm applying to the SUNY schools (upstate, downstate, stonybrook), UVM in Burlington and maybe Simmons/MGH/BU in Boston. Did anyone get into any of these schools with a similar GRE score?
 
No, all you need at most schools is a 1000 to qualify. If you get a 1000 they don't really seem to care if you get any higher.