Should I retake the gre?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cowboy345

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not looking to get into a top 10 program. I'll give you my stats. I am shooting for around the 40th best school.

Verbal 145, quant 148 AW 3.5
Finance degree gpa 3.52 total with additional classes 3.6
MBA 3.455 gpa
Science pre reqs: 3.87 gpa

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not looking to get into a top 10 program. I'll give you my stats. I am shooting for around the 40th best school.

MBA 3.455 gpa

When are you applying next year? If so, you have time and I would say, yes. Your GPA's are strong and you wouldn't want anything to hold you back from being competitive. You should check the minimum GRE scores desired for the programs you want to attend.

Members don't see this ad :)
When are you applying next year? If so, you have time and I would say, yes. Your GPA's are strong and you wouldn't want anything to hold you back from being competitive. You should check the minimum GRE scores desired for the programs you want to attend.

I applied to one school for this next summer. I will be applying for next year if I don't get in.

Where did you apply?

Oklahoma University. They admit 62 out 237. Here is the profile from their website:

Doctor of Physical Therapy
237 applied | 62 admitted | 3.70 avg. cumulative gpa | 3.50 avg. science gpa | GRE ~ avg. verbal + quantitative = 1112, avg. analytical writing = 4.1

MBA 3.455 gpa

Hey here are my stats thus far, my GRE scores, IMHO, resisted me from getting into most of the schools I applied to. I would retake it mainly because the AW isn't a 4 or above. But I have received an interview and acceptance.

University: Eastern Washington University <br />
Major: Exercise Science<br />
Overall GPA: 3.72 (3.53 PTCAS)<br />
Pre-Req GPA: ~ 3.85 <br />
Last 60 Hrs GPA - 3.9 (after academic update) <br />
Revised GRE: V - 147 (410 old version) Q - 149 (620 old version) AW - 3.5<br />
<br />
Extra-Curric: Pre PT Club, PeeWee football coach, Intramural Sports, A&amp;P Lab instructor. <br />
<br />
Volunteer: 452 hrs (Outpatient Ortho (2), Acute, Inpatient Rehab- Aquatics) <br />
<br />
Applied: Eastern Washington University, UW, Univ of Puget Sound, Montana, Mayo, Northern AZ Univ, Pacific U, <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Acceptances: UPS :)<br />
<br />
Rejections: Mayo, NAU, EWU<br />
<br />
Interviews: Pacific