SonofanOpt

5+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2009
Status
  1. Pre-Optometry
Did you take your test today?
If so did you have RC essays about - Alligator senses, Floating Bridges, Fiber Optic Cables...

Your scores are very similar to mine (High Sciences, Low RC/QR).
Those 2 sections seemed a lot harder than the practice tests I took, while the sciences were much much easier than the practice tests I had taken.

I would email someone at the schools you are looking at to see what they say. Also, the way I look at it, at least my/your best scores were in the sciences.

blysssful

SUNY c/o 2013
10+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2007
NYC
Status
  1. Optometry Student
Some schools have 300 as the cut off for the lowest score (SCCO in particular). If you have a high GPA, it will certainly help. Also, if you have high grades in writing/English and math courses, it may offset the lower marks in those sections.

It's not NECESSARY to retake it, unless you're applying to SCCO, or another school with cutoffs.

As a side note, some of those cutoffs may have changed with the rescaling of the exam.

About the Ads

SonofanOpt

5+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2009
Status
  1. Pre-Optometry
I'm pretty sure they did. From what I understand the new average is supposed to be around a 300-320 rather than the 330-340 that it had been from last year (at least for where I am looking into) all because of the new scaling.

cloud99

10+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2009
Status
  1. Pre-Optometry
I'm pretty sure they did. From what I understand the new average is supposed to be around a 300-320 rather than the 330-340 that it had been from last year (at least for where I am looking into) all because of the new scaling.

Did the schools tell you this? Which ones?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads