Should I retake the OAT?

aries09

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Did you take your test today?
If so did you have RC essays about - Alligator senses, Floating Bridges, Fiber Optic Cables...

Your scores are very similar to mine (High Sciences, Low RC/QR).
Those 2 sections seemed a lot harder than the practice tests I took, while the sciences were much much easier than the practice tests I had taken.

I would email someone at the schools you are looking at to see what they say. Also, the way I look at it, at least my/your best scores were in the sciences.

Some schools have 300 as the cut off for the lowest score (SCCO in particular). If you have a high GPA, it will certainly help. Also, if you have high grades in writing/English and math courses, it may offset the lower marks in those sections.

It's not NECESSARY to retake it, unless you're applying to SCCO, or another school with cutoffs.

As a side note, some of those cutoffs may have changed with the rescaling of the exam.

I'm pretty sure they did. From what I understand the new average is supposed to be around a 300-320 rather than the 330-340 that it had been from last year (at least for where I am looking into) all because of the new scaling.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm pretty sure they did. From what I understand the new average is supposed to be around a 300-320 rather than the 330-340 that it had been from last year (at least for where I am looking into) all because of the new scaling.

Did the schools tell you this? Which ones?