Aug 30, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Hello everybody, I recently took my PCAT and received the following scores: VA: 82, Biology: 51, Chemistry: 76, Reading comprehension: 78, Quantitative: 67, Composite: 76 I was wondering whether I should retake the PCAT especially considering my low biology score.

kdbaker17

2+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Those scores are ideal/above average. I know most pharmacy schools like to see a well rounded score, but the academic advisor I was talking to at UK college of pharmacy said that she likes to see all scores above 50. Based on average admission stats, you'll definitely get in. The subscore they worry most about is chemistry, which you're is great. Most pharmacy schools composite average is 60-70, so your score is perfect.

OP
R
Aug 30, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Those scores are ideal/above average. I know most pharmacy schools like to see a well rounded score, but the academic advisor I was talking to at UK college of pharmacy said that she likes to see all scores above 50. Based on average admission stats, you'll definitely get in. The subscore they worry most about is chemistry, which you're is great. Most pharmacy schools composite average is 60-70, so your score is perfect.
Thanks!

kdbaker17

2+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Just a tidbit to add to this. If you have a lower range GPA like 2.5-3.0, I'd recommend retaking and scoring in the 80+ range to prove that even though you may not have done well in the classes, you know the material well. But if you're 3.0+ you should be golden.

OP
R
Aug 30, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Just a tidbit to add to this. If you have a lower range GPA like 2.5-3.0, I'd recommend retaking and scoring in the 80+ range to prove that even though you may not have done well in the classes, you know the material well. But if you're 3.0+ you should be golden.
Thank you. My GPA is about 3.7, so I think I should be fine.