Should I Retake this class? I need help..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coolj0189

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am picking classes for next semester. I am currently a junior undergrad student. I received a D freshman year in a gen ed history class (obviously unrelated to dentistry). I was wondering if I should retake that class and get an A which would help take care of the D and help my overall gpa, or should I not worry about it? Thanks so much! My gpa is currently at a 3.2 with the D..

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

I am picking classes for next semester. I am currently a junior undergrad student. I received a D freshman year in a gen ed history class (obviously unrelated to dentistry). I was wondering if I should retake that class and get an A which would help take care of the D and help my overall gpa, or should I not worry about it? Thanks so much! My gpa is currently at a 3.2 with the D..

I'd take it again if it were to help me get into dental school but I'm not sure if dental school's care so much about history class. Then again, they do care about your overall gpa, so I recommend taking it again if it's going to raise your gpa but only by a significant amount. (i.e. 3.2 to 3.23 isn't worth it in my own opinion)