Should I retake this math course?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Omni

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. This is the end of my third semester and this is what I have with the grades:

Orgo-B
Foundations of Bio (300 level bio course)- B
Physics 1 with lab- A
Science, Technology, Society History course- A
Calc III- C+

at the end of this semester, my GPA has went down to a ~3.6.

Next semester, these are the classes I'm taking:
Mammalian Physiology
Differential Equations
Orgo II
Physics II
Management
And so far, I've taken the following courses:
Calc I, Calc II, Gen Chem I and II, Gen Bio I and II and random other courses.

My idea right now is to hold off on retaking the course, as I have a 4th math course coming up. Also, I have leadership positions, research, and a paper that will be published hopefully in the coming summer.

I'm trying to use all of this to keep myself up up, but its my family that seems to be having a hard time with this. Yeah, in their eyes, I'm pretty much done with, so I just came here to make sure I'm not.

Would it be a good idea to retake it?
Will the math courses count in my Science GPA?
Please assure me I'm not done with, lol. I realized that this semester I didn't give my studies the top most priority, and that will change next semester.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, it will count as towards your science GPA.

Honestly, I hate math and I would NOT retake it just because you have one C. You are NOT done with. You are only halfway through your undergraduate education... just keep it up and try to stay away from anymore Cs.

Relax. Just keep going and doing the best you can and keep that GPA up there.

Unless you are a math major, there is no reason to retake Calc III as it is not a medical school prerequisite. If you still have a GPA of 3.6 after three semesters, it is redeemable before you apply to med schools. And a 3.6 isn't that bad anyway, considering 3.65 is the mean GPA for those accepted to med school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Of course you should retake it! A C+ is unaceptable.

there's really no point in retaking it if you passed it. just ace all the rest of your classes and your C+ will be a distant memory..:sleep: so not a big deal. nobody is going to reject you because of one C+ in good 'ol calculus many years ago especially if the rest of your grades are fine, if you know what i mean.