Should I retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted727644

Composite-86
Bio-85
Chem-89
Math-96
Reading-37...:(

Do you guys think I should retake? My reading is too low.
Also, My GPA is 3.0

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
No way, even though schools say they only take your best score, doesn't mean if you take it again and get a 78 composite their brains won't run a little bit. It would be like if you were sitting in a trial room and the defendant said something incriminating that his defense attorney ultimately succeeded in getting struck from the record. While this part of his testimony was struck from the record, this doesn't mean that the jury will all of a sudden un-hear what he said (even though they shouldn't consider it in their decision). Your scores are good, just make sure you kill your interview and you'll get into a good school (having pharmacy experience is a huge plus).

Reactions: 1 user
It's not bad since your other scores offset that reading score lol. Not worth retaking just because of low score in one section.

Even though my gpa is low, do you think my pcat score will offset that?
You do have a competitive score for your PCAT, so I believe it would, since they care more about math+sciences than reading. Schools take a wide range of GPAs, so yeah; 'cause I've heard people with 2.9s or less getting in.