Should I retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aida

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Took the test 8/8 and here are my scores:

PAT 17
science 18
overall academic 19

Much lower than what I anticipated - I ran out of time on the PAT and the math - had trouble with the laminated sheet they gave me to write on (no scratch paper, had to keep erasing the paper in order to keep writing) - wasn't allowed a normal watch in the test - timer on the screen kept freezing......etc etc

I think that if I retake I could do better - average 20s.....is it worth it?
Earliest I can retake is November (scared it would be too late and delay my application to UF).

I would appreciate anyone's advice - thanx.

PS: Science GPA 3.5, Overall 3.7

Members don't see this ad.

Retake if you are applying to california schools (e.g. UOP).

etan4 said:
Retake if you are applying to california schools (e.g. UOP).
what do you mean laminated paper? Do they not do scratch paper anymore? Is it a dry erase board or something?

I'm a Florida resident - mainly wanting to go to UF or Nova.

Laminated paper - yes like dry erase board - no scratch paper AT ALL!

Members don't see this ad :)
Aida said:
I'm a Florida resident - mainly wanting to go to UF or Nova.

Laminated paper - yes like dry erase board - no scratch paper AT ALL!

That's pretty rediculous. It wasn't the testing center at 56th in Tampa was it? I would call Prometric & complain. I would also call UF & ask them their opinion. Good luck.

mccarth2 said:
That's pretty rediculous. It wasn't the testing center at 56th in Tampa was it? I would call Prometric & complain. I would also call UF & ask them their opinion. Good luck.

It was prometric in Jacksonville, Florida. I'm definitely going to a different center if I decide to retake.......also calling UF in a few weeks!