should i retake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pre-money

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok...

my august score...is...10-9-10 R
and my GPA is ...3.5
good LOR and volunteer....

so...what do u guys think...should i retake it...

Members don't see this ad.

your #'s are roughly average for all med school matrics so u might as well apply and see where that takes you, include some of your state schools, hopefully you will have somewhat of an idea of your chances in Jan and then you can decide on whether or not to study for/retake the mcat in april, good luck

retake if you want to improve chances at a top 25 school. However, we need more details. Male or Female? URM? etc

Members don't see this ad :)
nice score, nicely balanced, with your lowest score in the least important section.. defintly not retake

i also think its a great score but many people have gotten acceptances and many people have gotten rejections with that score so if u havent gotten an acceptance by april maybe u should consider retaking then, but i think u should have a decent shot. good luck

Re-take if you are SURE you can pull the score up. But only if you are sure. And don't be mislead by the fact that a lot of people have scores that drop. Mine went up 7 points. Everyone is different, and if you go from "average for acceptance" to"wow," it's worth the retake.
Good luck