• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

merlink

5+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2011
Status
I am considering taking the July 29 test. I have been studying for a little over a month, and my scores so far have been:

AAMC 5: 12P, 9V, 11B
AAMC 7: 13P, 9V, 12B
AAMC 9: 13P, 10V, 14B
AAMC 4: 13P, 11V, 14B

These past three days I took
TPR 9: 12P, 8V, 10B
AAMC 11: 14P, 8V, 12B

The increase in AAMC 9 and 4 were probably from studying for two and three weeks. But these past few days my scores have decreased, not completely sure why. I took AAMC tests 4-10 last year, so maybe I remembered some of the questions?? When I took it this time though, they seemed completely new. Or maybe I am getting burnt out? I am really not sure if I should retake or not. Some opinions would be great. I got a 34 last year btw.

Jul 3, 2011
Status
I am considering taking the July 29 test. I have been studying for a little over a month, and my scores so far have been:

AAMC 5: 12P, 9V, 11B
AAMC 7: 13P, 9V, 12B
AAMC 9: 13P, 10V, 14B
AAMC 4: 13P, 11V, 14B

These past three days I took
TPR 9: 12P, 8V, 10B
AAMC 11: 14P, 8V, 12B

The increase in AAMC 9 and 4 were probably from studying for two and three weeks. But these past few days my scores have decreased, not completely sure why. I took AAMC tests 4-10 last year, so maybe I remembered some of the questions?? When I took it this time though, they seemed completely new. Or maybe I am getting burnt out? I am really not sure if I should retake or not. Some opinions would be great. I got a 34 last year btw.

Retaking exams, even if it's after a year, is not a good reflection of your actual score. A few points I would like to mention, 1) why are you retaking a 34, assuming you didnt bomb a section, and 2) your score for aamc 11 is a 34 after retaking it (so it is akready somewhat inflated), yet you want to retake the mcat hoping to get a higher score, which leads me back to the first point. If you're not scoring in the ranges you want to be scoring on exams that you have already taken in the past, then I'm confused as to why you would want to retake the mcat. Which again goes back to the first point, why are you retaking the mcat in the first place.

CodeBlu

Dream Weaver
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2010
The Ether
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
There is a thread for this...

About the Ads