1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Should I retake?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by merlink, Jul 24, 2011.

1. merlink

5+ Year Member

I am considering taking the July 29 test. I have been studying for a little over a month, and my scores so far have been:

AAMC 5: 12P, 9V, 11B
    AAMC 7: 13P, 9V, 12B
    AAMC 9: 13P, 10V, 14B
    AAMC 4: 13P, 11V, 14B

These past three days I took
    TPR 9: 12P, 8V, 10B
    AAMC 11: 14P, 8V, 12B

The increase in AAMC 9 and 4 were probably from studying for two and three weeks. But these past few days my scores have decreased, not completely sure why. I took AAMC tests 4-10 last year, so maybe I remembered some of the questions?? When I took it this time though, they seemed completely new. Or maybe I am getting burnt out? I am really not sure if I should retake or not. Some opinions would be great. I got a 34 last year btw.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Altair89

Retaking exams, even if it's after a year, is not a good reflection of your actual score. A few points I would like to mention, 1) why are you retaking a 34, assuming you didnt bomb a section, and 2) your score for aamc 11 is a 34 after retaking it (so it is akready somewhat inflated), yet you want to retake the mcat hoping to get a higher score, which leads me back to the first point. If you're not scoring in the ranges you want to be scoring on exams that you have already taken in the past, then I'm confused as to why you would want to retake the mcat. Which again goes back to the first point, why are you retaking the mcat in the first place.

4. CodeBlu

CodeBlu Dream Weaver
    Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    There is a thread for this...