Should i rewrite the DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hago

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am applying to American dental schools. My scores for the Canadian Dat are 21 AA and 16 Perceptual. Although i am sure that my perceptual will increase to a 20, i am quite certain that i will not be able to match my 21 in AA in the American Dat. Should i write the American Dat?. My cgpa is 3.44. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

hi:

what do you mean by "Should i write the American Dat"?

Hi,
I am applying to American dental schools. My scores for the Canadian Dat are 21 AA and 16 Perceptual. Although i am sure that my perceptual will increase to a 20, i am quite certain that i will not be able to match my 21 in AA in the American Dat. Should i write the American Dat?. My cgpa is 3.44. Thanks

If you have the time to re-write the DAT (Canadian or American), I would suggest you do it because some of the schools have a cut-off (correct me if I'm wrong, but Howard's cut off is 17). You may also want to email the schools that you're interested in to see what they think, or to see whether they have a cut-off score.

Members don't see this ad :)
since you don't write anything when you take the DAT anymore...I think you guys should practice saying take...one person say it and it'll catch on really quickly