1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Should i rewrite the DAT

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by hago, May 16, 2007.

1. hago

Hi,
    I am applying to American dental schools. My scores for the Canadian Dat are 21 AA and 16 Perceptual. Although i am sure that my perceptual will increase to a 20, i am quite certain that i will not be able to match my 21 in AA in the American Dat. Should i write the American Dat?. My cgpa is 3.44. Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. remify

remify Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    hi:

what do you mean by "Should i write the American Dat"?

4. SMCohen

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    If you have the time to re-write the DAT (Canadian or American), I would suggest you do it because some of the schools have a cut-off (correct me if I'm wrong, but Howard's cut off is 17). You may also want to email the schools that you're interested in to see what they think, or to see whether they have a cut-off score.

5. i think write means retake in canada

6. SMCohen

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    That is correct

7. Mahaveer

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    since you don't write anything when you take the DAT anymore...I think you guys should practice saying take...one person say it and it'll catch on really quickly