Should I start getting scared yet??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docveda

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am really getting scared now.....i had submitted my application in july but didnt fill out most of the supplemental stuff till last week since i was waiting to take the DAT. I just realized that many of the schools are done with interview(UNC for me since i am in-state and they only have one more inteview date left and that too in two weeks:eek: :scared: ) i am getting really scared and am very upset since i worked really hard to get high scores on the DAT and now this....:confused:

What should i do???? I am sure many of us are in the same situation as me....

Members don't see this ad.

send it off now or wait til next year

UNC has two interview dates left, one in Nov and one more interview date in January. Hurry up and get all your info in, if you have already paid the fees then why not just see it all out to the end! Remember most schools will not fill their class until the early spring so there is still some time left but you must act fast. Best of luck

Members don't see this ad :)
UNC has two interview dates left, one in Nov and one more interview date in January. Hurry up and get all your info in, if you have already paid the fees then why not just see it all out to the end! Remember most schools will not fill their class until the early spring so there is still some time left but you must act fast. Best of luck

All the info is in ....its just a matter of waiting now.....thats the worst....i send everything off last week. Aadsas app is complete already.IM SCARED!!!:scared:

Why are you scared? You shouldn't be.

Application to any medical field is not a guaranteed matter. High marks in your studies and on the entrance exam are only half the battle. Submitting your application as early as possible and interviewing well are also equally important. This fact is often lost on first year applicants and understandable since it's the first time they are "testing the water".

About half of all applicants make it on their first application. Last year, the number of rejected applicants soared to new highs around the country. You can apply with high DAT scores, but everybody is doing that now. To give yourself an edge, submitting the application early is one of the most important elements of the process.

Don't worry if you have to take a year off for master's school or working a job to pay your future dental expenses. The most important key is to resist the urge of panic and feelings of rejection regardless of what unfolds. You are going to gain acceptance sooner or later, you will study hard in dental school, and you will become a dentist.

All you have to do is wait now that you have finished your application. Perhaps you will interview in the last two groups at UNC or maybe try again next cycle. Time is on your side in the end. Never forget that.

Very inspiring words, red falcon! I only hope that what you say is true... =/

60 people per interview

Sept. 60 people
Oct. 60 people
Nov. 60 people

Decide on first group Nov. 29

Jan. 60 people

Decide on the rest Feb.

They usually notify people of their interview at least 3 weeks in advance, so most spots for the Nov interview has already been filled.

60 people per interview

They usually notify people of their interview at least 3 weeks in advance, so most spots for the Nov interview has already been filled.

November is already filled....no way! Anybody got a november interview yet????????

Hey, docveda. just wondering what your stat is. :love: i love to get an interview at BU too. Help me! thanks:thumbup:

be afraid, be very very very afraid...muhahhahahahahaha:scared: