Should I start looking looking into masters yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ameer24

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! So just a quick recap I have a 3.05 GPA (after getting a 2.1 GPA my freshman year) so I have a good upward trend and got a 22AA. I applied to about 12 schools but only got 2 interviews at UNLV(my instate school) and Roseman. Other schools seem uninterested so this looks like its it. Do you think I should start applying to masters programs now or should I wait till December to find out my fate before getting into one? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

pikaboooo

Reaction score
Hey guys! So just a quick recap I have a 3.05 GPA (after getting a 2.1 GPA my freshman year) so I have a good upward trend and got a 22AA. I applied to about 12 schools but only got 2 interviews at UNLV(my instate school) and Roseman. Other schools seem uninterested so this looks like its it. Do you think I should start applying to masters programs now or should I wait till December to find out my fate before getting into one? Thanks

I've read that those that get an interview at UNLV and are in-state have a pretty high chance of getting accepted. I would wait it out til Dec 3rd.

Reactions: 1 users

Arthur Jeffries

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
i would wait. if you hear nothing by the end of the year id apply for a masters. if you get into a school late in the cycle u can always drop a masters acceptance

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)

GalDental54

Reaction score
Hey...you may still get some post-December interviews (or get an acceptance....or 2....on December 3rd). This cycle is far from over! Don’t get discouraged and stay positive :)

Reactions: 1 user

DentalNucleicAcid

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
you’re very likely gonna get in to UNLV, especially if you’re from Nevada. on december 3rd make sure you check your aadsas portal for a status change as that might be their only communication of acceptance, although not sure if it’s different for in staters.

Reactions: 1 user

Ameer24

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
you’re very likely gonna get in to UNLV, especially if you’re from Nevada. on december 3rd make sure you check your aadsas portal for a status change as that might be their only communication of acceptance, although not sure if it’s different for in staters.
I really hope i get in! I regret that first year everyday but it is what it is...

Reactions: 1 users
Reaction score
Even if you don't get in on December 1st, stay persistent. Continue to express your interest, and I'm sure one of the two schools will accept you. Squeaky wheel gets the grease ;)

IranBrooklyn77

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have no regrets life must go on ... Bro I been doing these for past 3 years and still no result. U at least had 2 interviews I only had 1 and I applied June 5... In reality it is game over for me

Sent from my moto g(6) using SDN mobile

knewstance

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't even start researching masters programs until March and didn't apply until mid-April.

Stop stressing about it, be patient and do something else while you wait.

doktorinprogres

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
You'll have a lot of nervous energy. It doesn't hurt to have a plan for if you don't get in. Don't apply and shell money out unless you see a program you really realy like but it doesn't hurt to have an idea of what the options are. Like the others have said, keep in touch with Ancajas.

Ameer24

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
You'll have a lot of nervous energy. It doesn't hurt to have a plan for if you don't get in. Don't apply and shell money out unless you see a program you really realy like but it doesn't hurt to have an idea of what the options are. Like the others have said, keep in touch with Ancajas.[/QUOT
What do you mean by keeping in touch? And do you mean before dec 3rd or after?

doktorinprogres

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Both, express interest. Say what you thought of the school (you loved it obvi), say why you loved it. Say you're excited for the opportunity to be class of 2023. Etc.
Pretty sure UNLV was a school where they said ppl who express a genuine want to be part of the school makes a difference.

SalinasDDS

Reaction score
Hey...you may still get some post-December interviews (or get an acceptance....or 2....on December 3rd). This cycle is far from over! Don’t get discouraged and stay positive :)
This is food for the soul... I'm in the same boat! Trying to decide if I need to go to plan B!