Should I start worrying...?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DUPH

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys so I've been seeing all these people get interviews and I have yet to hear a peep from any schools. People are starting to hear back from schools and they were like the 7th or 8th batch while my application was submitted around the 4th batch.

Stat wise: I am a CA resident; I graduated with a biochem degree with a cGPA 3.91 and sGPA 3.97 at a CSU. I have over 1000 plus hours of research for two different labs and worked as a calculus tutor for my university throughout college. I was also the treasurer of my prepharm club (switched from pharm to dental recently). In terms of shadowing and volunteering, I volunteered at a local elementary school as a tutor for roughly 400+ hrs. I also shadowed 3 diff dentists for 100+ hrs and started to work as a DA for the past two months (not included in my AADSAS application).

My dat scores were: 22 AA, 21 TS, 25 PAT, 20 RC, 24 GC, 23 OC, 19 Bio, 22 QR

The schools I am applying to are:

UCSF, UCLA, UOP, USC, Western, Uni. of Colorado, OHSU, UConn, UPenn, Pitt, NYU and Ohio State.

I know it's only September, but should I start to call admin and ask about my application?

Members don't see this ad.

^I emailed one of my schools because it felt like it had been taking a while compared to people on SDN's timelines for that school. Turns out, they hadn't even looked at me yet. I wouldn't worry

^I emailed one of my schools because it felt like it had been taking a while compared to people on SDN's timelines for that school. Turns out, they hadn't even looked at me yet. I wouldn't worry

How did you go about emailing those schools? Did you flat out ask them if you had been rejected yet or what?

Members don't see this ad :)
Crickets... I think I'm going to start emailing schools this week.

How did you go about emailing those schools? Did you flat out ask them if you had been rejected yet or what?
Whoops sorry I didn't see this! I emailed and asked nicely if there was anything they could tell me about the status of my application

Whoops sorry I didn't see this! I emailed and asked nicely if there was anything they could tell me about the status of my application

Even if they sent you an "application complete" email, you still requested on your applications status? I'm thinking about doing the same, but I definitely do not want to come off as overtly impatient.

Guys, I actually did end up emailing. I didn't really get pushy at all just wanted to know if "Received/Under Review" was still an accurate description of my status. To my surprise, I was answered on the same day and even given an interview invitation on that day. Obviously I was very lucky but even if I had received such good news, I felt like a weight has been lifted after I sent the email. Good luck.

Guys, I actually did end up emailing. I didn't really get pushy at all just wanted to know if "Received/Under Review" was still an accurate description of my status. To my surprise, I was answered on the same day and even given an interview invitation on that day. Obviously I was very lucky but even if I had received such good news, I felt like a weight has been lifted after I sent the email. Good luck.
What school did you email?

What school if you don't mind me asking

That actually happened to me, too :) Probably only works once per person haha

Even if they sent you an "application complete" email, you still requested on your applications status? I'm thinking about doing the same, but I definitely do not want to come off as overtly impatient.
Yes. But I emailed over a month afterward. Don't do it like 2 days later. Just be polite and I don't think you'll come across as impatient