Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Should I still apply right now?

Discussion in 'Pre-Optometry' started by aquatears, Jan 7, 2009.

1. aquatears

aquatears New Member
    5+ Year Member

Optometry Student
    Hi guys, so here's my dilemma. I applied to ICO Nov 1st, and have an interview there next Friday. I applied to Berkeley on Dec 15th, and NECO on the 24th. I am also, at the moment, planning to apply to SCCO and Pacific.

I know it is pretty late in the cycle.. do I still have a shot at SCCO and Pacific, you think? I'm really not confident I can get into Berkeley, and I am really excited about ICO and will prepare well for the interview. I don't want to apply for the two remaining schools if there are hardly any seats left. Worst comes to worst, I will take a year off and reapply.

What are your opinions? And thanks in advance!

#1 aquatears, Jan 7, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  2. Habitual Rx

2+ Year Member

Optometry Student
    I applied and was accepted to both ICO and SCCO in late January.
    My GPA was higher but my OAT was lower.
    Good luck!

3. thanotoriousfob

7+ Year Member

Optometrist
    I would apply if I was you. I applied in mid november to these schools and got interviews to SCCO and Pacific. I would say at least apply to SCCO because you meet their cut-off requirements. And last I heard there only 10 people who have put deposits down at SCCO. still alot of seats available!

4. aquatears

aquatears New Member
    5+ Year Member

Optometry Student
    thanks so much for the encouragement! i sent out my app to SCCO this monday night and got an interview invitation today! i'm shocked they got back to me this fast, but i'm definitely not complaining :).

5. aquatears, when is your interview?