Should I study spring break or go have fun?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

slumpbuster

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am debating whether I should spend time studying for step 1 over spring break or just relax this week and start up when school starts. We only have 3 more weeks of school until board review starts. What do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

Sit back, relax, smoke a j or grab a beer, and relax (wherever that may be). Then study balls to the walls when you get back. I wish I would have gone somewhere for my spring break.

i studied. i was burned out for a day when people came back but i took a day off and now i'm fine. having fun is low yield at this point in your life (meaning right before boards). have just enough fun to keep you going. no need to take a whole week off doing nothing. unless maybe you're going to make some life-long memories or whatever. then it might be worth it so you can think about it while you're elbow deep in someone's anus as a family practice doc in the boonies with mid level practioners trying to steal your clients.

please go have FUN.....you have plenty of time to study for this exam. if you get bored during your vacation, then by all means study some...i went on a great trip during my 2nd year break--helped me get ready to prepare for the boards. best of luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Enjoy your last real break before the weeks of 14+ hours a day with your nose in a book. It will help you prepare for the long haul. So go somewhere and get your mind off school.

do what you feel comfortable doing. I think you can do both. ithink you can study for 4 hours and chill the rest of the da yor study for a few days and chill the tohers. I think that if i take a week off i would be majorly stressed when i come back. i do plan to chill a little though and get some balance but i woudl probably bust a gasket out of anxeity coming back from break facing exams and the boards without having done a thing. :scared:

I would buckle down and study. This is your last opportunity to have a free week with no other responsibilities without having the biggest exam of your life looming directly over your head. Its also a great chance to review some of those Step 1 topics you haven't seen in almost 2 years that will be on the exam! And you can bet your bottom dollar that your classmates and many of those across the country (your competition) will be using this time wisely (at least the smart ones) while your wasting your time lounging on a beach getting sunburnt.

I spent my spring break before step 1 going over the biochem, microbio, and pharm sections of First Aid. I knew that I had not seen biochem or micro in a long time and needed the chance to start learning it again, square one. I knew that after school ended I would need to devote the majority of my time to path and physio so a head start with some of the other topics was important to me.

DRINK!

anything you learn from that wasted week will be forgotten the next week.
enjoy the week. drink.be merry. meet people from the opposite sex (or same...) :cool:

Please do not study. i will find you and burn your books.

have fun! :D

At least you get a break. My school is not giving us a spring break, they are just going to go straight threw and let us out with 8 weeks before 3rd year. Still gonna take a break a week before finals, Miami winter music conference hear I come. :D

Long Dong said:
At least you get a break. My school is not giving us a spring break, they are just going to go straight threw and let us out with 8 weeks before 3rd year. Still gonna take a break a week before finals, Miami winter music conference hear I come. :D

Hey bro
u dont need a spring break, I saw ur profile, u look like ur having too much fun, LOL!!!

Im splitting mine up, 4-5 days, just go thru Kaplan Qbook (path, pharm, beh. science) and then flying to hang out w some peeps for 4-5 days. That should be a long enough break to represent for the exams at the end of April

Holler!!!

PS- I was in Miami for New Years, it was off the chain. Go online and google "guest lists" for the clubs, and that should get u into Mansion,Opium, Crobar etc.. without having to wait in the lines. U just need some hot girls with u, but u got that part covered.