Should I submit already?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Daniel86155

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
So I am pretty much done with my application and most deadlines are in November. However, UCSF has a deadline for oct. 3. So If i would need to submit it right now so it is sent before the deadline. However, i still have not received a recommendation letter from a professor even though I contacted them a month and a half before. I probably should have contacted them before summer. Should i just not submit the application to UCSF since the recommendation letter would probably not arrive in time?
Best,
Daniel P.
 
Is it a recommendation that you need as a basic requirement to get into UCSF? If so it wouldn't make any sense to submit it now since you don't fulfill that portion of the application. Contact your professor again and maybe even think of a backup professor to contact to meet the November deadlines.