Should I submit my average Step 2?

Started by bqhealer
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bqhealer

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would love some advice..I just got my Step 2 score back its 1 point below the mean for anesthesiology. My Step 1 score is above the mean by 20 points...trying to decided whether or not to submit my score to programs in hopes of getting interviews from programs that require both Steps...is it worth it?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also, on Freida a number of programs are listed as requiring both Step 1 & 2 to grant an interview...so not sure if I should release my score to secure interviews at places that require both Steps.

Is 9 points big enough of a drop to be a red flag??
 
Similar situation, went ahead and did it. Might as well have a chance at those programs that hold interviews when waiting for a step 2 score. Especially if one of those programs are ones your very interested in.
 
Also, on Freida a number of programs are listed as requiring both Step 1 & 2 to grant an interview...so not sure if I should release my score to secure interviews at places that require both Steps.

Is 9 points big enough of a drop to be a red flag??

Hmm the only one I see on my list is beth Israel. I just resent too